Sun, 02 Oct 2022

Man trapped in elevator with burning e-scooter

RT.com
23 Sep 2022, 18:13 GMT+10

The incident in southern Russia left the owner with horrific burns

A man in Russia sustained severe burns after his battery-powered scooter bust into flames inside an elevator, local authorities said.

The incident happened in the southern Russian city of Krasnodar on Wednesday. The 37-year-old noticed that his vehicle was malfunctioning, so he decided to take it to a repair shop, police told the media.

But as he was going down in a small elevator from his apartment, the device burst into flames, quickly filling the lift with dense smoke. The incident was caught on a security camera, with footage posted on social media later in the week.

According to police, the victim suffered third-degree burns and was taken to hospital. Local media reported that over half of his body was affected.

The incident is being investigated for possible foul play.

(RT.com)

More St Petersburg (Russia) News

Access More

Sign up for St Petersburg News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!